Wednesday 8 June 2011

Back to Nelson

Well I left Clarrie and Syth on Wednesday. They were very nice people and I think if everyone incorporated some aspects of their lifestyle, be it the solar panels, not eating meat, or switching off all appliances unless they are needed, then the world would be a much better place.

But a week in complete seclusion was enough for me. I headed back to Nelson, hoping to do a bone carving workshop before going to Blenhiem (The Maori jewelry here is made of either jade or bone). But it was closed for the winter so I had a day free. I went to the museum (small, not much their that was very different, except that Nelson is the home of Rugby in NZ) and the Cathedral. This was a horrible building, the shape of it was meant to be a gothic cathedral but it was all very square and simplified, like the architect was trying to copy and old one and got lazy. The outside was clad in what looked like slate which is very odd for a church.

Then I just went to the cinema, after only beeing allowed to watch the 6 o'clock news, and nothing else as there wasn't enough power, I though I would treat myself to the new Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm now waiting for 8 o'clock to arrive as the hostel I'm staying in has free chocolate pudding and ice cream!!! yum yum. I get the bus to Blenheim tomorrow and stay with a new family. They have one child still at home so they are a bit younger, and I should have someone close to my own age for company then.

No comments:

Post a Comment