Monday 18 April 2011

The Drive to Wellington

Got up at about 8 this morning and got ready to leave National Park. It was very cold and windy but clear skys so we got great views of Mt. Ngauruhoe, Mt. Doom from LOTR. On the way down we stopped in Ohakune, a town famous for carrots, and Taihepe which is famous for gumboot (wellingtons) throwing. We had a go at throwing some boots, there is an area of grass with some high fences around it. Imagine tax-payers money being spent on fences for boot throwing!

Then through to Wellington and I am now safely at my friends house! I'll be sad to leave the Stray bus though, since I got picked up in Rotorua I had an awesome driver and a great group on the bus. Lets just hope the next lot are just as nice!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear you are safe! Boot throwing, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete